Termites: a hidden threat to your most valuable asset – your home. As Brisbane homeowners ourselves, we understand the anxiety of not knowing if these silent destroyers are feasting within your walls.
At NO1 Building Inspections Brisbane, it’s our mission to provide thorough, high-quality termite inspections so you can protect your investment. With over 10 years of experience, we’ve seen it all and can help give you peace of mind.
How We Inspect
Our comprehensive process includes visually checking all susceptible areas and using tools like moisture meters, taps and probes to detect signs of termite activity. We inspect interior and exterior areas, including foundations, wood structures, insulation and more. Our inspections are designed to find termites in all life stages.
Key Benefits of Termite Inspection
Here are some key benefits of getting a termite inspection:
- Early detection – Catching pest infestation early prevents serious structural damage and saves thousands in repairs later. Annual inspections allow for early treatment.
- Preventative treatments – If signs of termites are found, we advise proper prevention methods like termite barriers, chemical treatments or baits to eliminate the colony.
- Peace of mind – Our thorough inspections provide home owners reassurance that termites are not secretly destroying your valuable investment from the inside out.
- Protect re-sale value – Preventing and addressing termite damage maintains the worth of your asset over the years. No unpleasant surprises when you eventually sell.
- Warranty options – Some of our treatment partners offer warranties with their termite elimination services for added protection.
- Save on repairs – Finding termites early minimizes destruction. Repairing minor isolated damage is much cheaper than replacing entire wooden structures later on.
We also inform clients on conducive conditions that attract termites like moisture issues or wood debris. Addressing these makes your home far less susceptible to future infestations.
Signs To Look Out For
Keep an eye out for hollowed wood, crumbling drywall or spotted excrement around your home. We investigate areas prone to moisture buildup, cracking and excess cellulose material that attract pests.
If you spot any warning signs, contact our Pest Controllers right away to schedule your inspection.
Areas We Inspect
- Wall framing and skirting boards – prime targets for termites
- Insulation and interior walls – we check for hollow sections or spotted dirt
- Doors, door frames and windows – important structural components
- Attics and roof voids – ideal nesting spots due to warmth
- Garages and sheds with wood elements
- Foundations and concrete slab edges – major entry points
- Fences, posts, decks – susceptible areas
- Exterior cladding and eaves
- Pathways, porches and stairs
- Sheds, garages and external wood structures
- Drainage systems and soil grading – moisture attracts colonies
Tools We Use
As local termite specialists, we utilize the latest pest control technology to provide complete solutions to Brisbane homeowners seeking peace of mind.
- Moisture meter – detects excess moisture helping pinpoint termite activity
- Probe – checks for hollow sections in wood and other materials
- Tapping device – taps surface areas and identifies less dense hollow sections
- Flashlight – illuminates dim corners and crevices
- Ladder – safely accesses high areas like structural wood atop concrete columns
- Protective equipment – ensures inspector safety
- There are over 360 termite species in Australia but less than 10 cause building damage
- Termite Colony can grow over 1 million termites feeding on cellulose like wood and paper
- Active termites increases during summer months when seeking water
- They cause more structural damage in Australia than fires, floods and storms combined
- Termite baiting systems
- Termite barriers
- Termite treatments
- Warranty options
- Termite detection reports
How often should I get a termite inspection?
We recommend at least one annual inspection to catch any new activity early.
What are the signs of a termite infestation?
Watch for hollowed wood, tiny piles of dirt near wood elements and cricket/ant-like wings indicating swarmers.
What do you inspect during the inspection?
We thoroughly check all interior and exterior areas prone to moisture and wood elements that attract termites.
“The technicians were so thorough and found termites under our back deck – we could have had major foundation issues down the road without their help! 5 Stars.” – John S.
“I’ve used NO1 Building Inspections for my rental property termite inspections for 5 years now. Their techs are always friendly, professional and on-time.” – Theresa D.
“I 100% recommend NO1 for pest inspections! They provided a very detailed moisture and termite report which gave me real peace of mind about the home I just purchased.” – John B.
Schedule your inspection
Phone 07 3062 8202
Detecting termites early saves thousands down the road.