Building Stage Inspections
Are you worried about defects in your new build? Getting a professional building inspection can give you peace of mind.
At NO1 Building Inspections Brisbane, we know how stressful and confusing the construction process can be. We’ve helped over 2,000 happy customers in SEQ spot issues in their builds over the past 10 years.
Our fully licensed and insured building inspectors check all stages of construction, from slab to handover. We look for faults in waterproofing, framing, roofing, drainage – you name it. If something’s not right, we’ll find it.
Having problems with your builder? We can help. With a detailed defects report, you can get the repairs you deserve.
Ready to get the inspection you need?
We’d love to help make your build stress-free.
Why Should You Consider Building Stage Inspections
Constructing a home is a massive investment. You need to ensure the build quality meets expectations. But it’s impossible to spot every fault as a layperson. That’s where we come in.
Our detailed building inspections give total peace of mind. Having an expert check for issues at each stage prevents bigger problems down the track.
Getting the construction inspected means you can relax, knowing an experienced professional has your back. Your new home will be structurally sound and safe for your family.
1 – Bored Pier Inspection
- Check site layout matches engineered designs
- Bore hole depth and width
- Steel reinforcement quality and sizes
- Concrete pier pour meets standards
- Concrete cylinder test results
- Footing dimensions and step downs
- General footing preparations
2 – Pre-Slab
- Confirm boundary setbacks on slab formwork
- Steel reinforcement spacing and cover
- Slab ventilation and termite protection
- Plumbing rough-in under slab
- Slab thickness and specifications
- Damp proofing membrane properly laid
- Slab preparations and formwork
3 – Frame
- Check frame layout matches final drawings
- Frame fixings, joints and trusses
- Timber grades and frame material quality
- Frame straightness, alignment and supports
- Frame roof support tie downs and bracing
- Frame treatment for protection
4 – Pre-Plaster Building Inspection
- Review water resistant wall linings
- Flashing installation to openings
- Cladding clearances and joint sealing
- Insulation installation quality in frame
- Plumbing and electrical rough-in completion
- No defects prior to closing in walls and ceilings
5 – Pre-Plaster Plumbing
- Pressure test drainage and venting plumbing
- Hot and cold water supply pipework
- Gas pipe test certification if applicable
- Plumbing completion and readiness for concealment
6 – Fixing and Waterproofing
- Verify waterproofing to wet areas as per standards
- Bathroom and laundry fit offs
- Tiling grout and sealant joints
- Showers, vanities, tapware etc installed correctly
- Completion of render, paintwork and finishes
7 – Completion Stage
- Perform final checklist against plans and contract
- Fittings, fixtures, appliances operation
- Commissioning of services completed
- Plumbing and electrical safety certificates
- Quality and standard of completed build
- House cleaned and ready for handover
Detailed Building Inspection Report
Our inspectors produce comprehensive reports after every site visit. Detailed images show the defects found during the inspection.
We focus the checks on critical areas like:
- Slab and footings
- Frame stage
- Electrical and plumbing rough-in
- Fixing stage
- Final fit off
Clear recommendations suggest how to rectify each fault. And provide guidance for the next steps in the build.
You’ll have a complete record of the property’s condition at each milestone. Our reports give you visibility over the build process. And leverage to get faults fixed.
- Over 10 years experience in SEQ construction inspections
- Fully licensed, insured and accredited inspectors
- Detailed defect reports with photos
- Checks all standard property areas plus more
- 90 day warranty on all inspections
- Direct contact with your inspector
- Fast turnaround on reports
- Clear recommendations for builders
- Help to resolve build quality issues
- Takes the stress out of new constructions
- Provides complete due diligence and peace of mind
Don’t take risks.
Lock in your stage inspections. And we’ll take care of the rest.